Cooking is a culinary skill essential for human beings. It is a beautiful skill and very fundamental for one’s vitality. Cooking is a lifelong skill that can last a lifetime, never to be forgotten. In every sense, cooking is a delight to learn, imbibe and cherish.
In our clime, there is this saying that the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach. Also, the pride of a woman’s character is her ability to prepare delicious meals, in addition to other traits. Observantly, here in Nigeria, cooking is left for the girls because it’s supposedly one of the criteria for marriage. However, it is paramount to note that cooking is not for females alone. Our male folks stand a great chance of benefiting from cooking too. In other words, cooking is for females as well as for males. No one should be exempted!
Yes, in most homes in Nigeria, if not all, a woman is required to do all the cooking but that does not mean that the man should not know how to cook. Every cooking step should be taught to our boys as well. The way girls are called in to cook should also apply to our sons. Cooking has nothing to do with ego. It does not rid any man of his manliness. It is our mentality that places only women in the kitchen.
Findings show that the No 1 chef in the world is a man. Gordon Ramsey is arguably the most famous chef in the world. Similarly, most of the celebrity chefs known all over the world are men. Consequently, no male should lose out on this desirable expertise.
Furthermore, cooking is very advantageous to men in so many ways including but not limited to:
1. When the spouse is indisposed, the man can cater for her and himself without waiting on anyone or any restaurant.
2. Knowing how to cook will enable a man to have an idea of what he is eating. It would also help him to be sure of how it was prepared. This would enable him to make an informed decision to eat or not. This can be a way of avoiding diseases; which could arise as a result of improperly prepared meals.
3. It encourages quality time with the family. What a great delight it would be when the man goes into the kitchen to cook for his spouse and children.
4. It helps the children to appreciate the humble gestures of their father.
5. For single men, knowing how to cook discourages them from falling into the trap of marrying someone just because of her cooking. It is easier for a single man that cannot cook to be overwhelmed by the cooking ability of a manipulative girl and become blinded to her other nasty characteristics.
6. Teaching your son to cook could stimulate his interest towards becoming the next world-class celebrity chef. Imagine the riches and fame that come with it.
Teach your son/sons how to cook. You will never regret it but applaud it for the rest of your life.
What do you think?